Thursday, March 19, 2015

Future opportunities

Our affiliate has been very blessed in enjoying the hard work and dedication of several interns during the past few months.  This semester, we are fortunate to count on Mr. Robert Modine and his construction and leadership skills.  Rob comes to us from United States Navy and is pursuing a degree in Communication from CSU Channel Islands.  Not only are we grateful for his service to our country, we are also grateful is helping us our as a Crew Lead on our Trinity Lane site in Santa Paula.  

In any case, we recently asked Rob what it is like to be an intern for Habitat Ventura.  Here are his words:

"Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County is an amazing organization to be affiliated with.  The staff has gone out of their way to make sure that my needs are met first.  Currently, I spend most of my time on the build site in Santa Paula, CA.  This is where I am blending my past background of construction into my current field of study.  I am a currently a student at CSU Channel Islands, majoring in communication and interning with Habitat for Humanity for a community involvement project.  I am also a Seabee in the United States Navy Reserves and served 5 years of active duty prior to.  It was an easy choice for me when choosing a community partner because of my past construction background in the Seabees and my more current knowledge base that I have gained through the undergrad communication program at Channel Islands.  This blend has made it easier for me to work with groups of volunteers that come from various demographics and teach them how to do multiple tasks.  Habitat is going out of their way for me to not only meet my educational needs, but for me to use this opportunity that will help further my future opportunities".

Rob pictured to the right

Interested in becoming an intern or volunteering with us?  Visit our website at www.habitatventura.org and or contact Rachel McIver at and learn how.

No comments:

Post a Comment